refixing the stripes of wood to old parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am relaying a area of parquet flooring. Do I need to put the little stripes of wood that go in between the blocks back? Or would it be ok to just lay the parquet down without them and just use an appropriate glue? Not sure how important the stripes of wood are when using glue as apposed to the old method of tar.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean loose 'tongues'? If they would show at the surface I would definitely put them back to keep this original feature.

Hi thanks for replying. No you cant see them. they are like a tongue and groove in between each tile. it is a narrow slither of wood that is in between each tile

Then you can leave them out IMHO.
What adhesive do you plan to use?

Sponsored Links
Not sure yet, could you recomend any? i will be cleaning all the blocks and floor to remove old tar, then fixing them to a concreat base.

Lecol5500 if you remove as much bitumen as possible and use a proper notched trowel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back