Reflector foil behind radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we put some homebase radiator foil behind our radiators a few months back to try and save some money. On the instructions it said to use extra strong wallpaper adhesive which is what we did. However they keep peeling off the wall and the one in the hall which is against the gable wall has pulled most of the emulsion off the wall with it.

I've reglued with the wallpaper adhesive many times to no avail. Does anyone reckon this ultra strong grab adhesive I've got from wickes (neither surface has to be porous) would hold it in place good and proper? I'm out of ideas, I guess the temperature change has something to do with it failing all the time.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

When I did this I used 'No More Nails' type adhesive - just a few lines of the stuff around the edge of the foil and a cross in the middle.

It's been up over ten years now with no problem.

Cheers

Mine are stuck on with Solvite but the foils are wide enough to enable the hanging brackets to be screwed through them so they can't fall off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back