The lies are:
- they are all refugees
- we lag France
- France takes 3 x more than us
- we don't have any safe routes
- more safe routes will stop the boats
-

yes those are lies.

1) nobody ever said they are all refugees. The Right like to push the narrative they are all economic migrants. We know the majority originate from countries of persecution and war, we know the majority judging by Govt data are genuine

2) we do lag France

3) it may not be 3x now but France still take more

4) nobody said their are no safe routes

5) more safe routes will stop the boats - unlikely, I agree. At the same time Rwanda won’t stop the boats.

Sponsored Links
I
Why do some people perpetuate that lie?
Is it a lie? Seems odd that posters would keep whining about having ways for people to claim asylum, if they didn't want people claiming asylum.

You are aware that there is a war going on there and lots of people need our help.
Yes.

I'm sure you also noticed they (Ukraine) made up a significant part of the figures you quoted.

Is that the only war, or conflict zone in the world?

Why are some posters so keen to get boat people here? They're not much use to the country. Best for us if other countries took the lot.
No

Some people want an EFFECTIVE system in place that controls the immigration, not jut pays lip service to it and pretending that the current system is working.

Seems odd that posters would keep whining about having ways for people to claim asylum
Some want to fix it and some are happy with government inaction. "Fix" doesn't mean open the doors.

How many Libyans have we taken since staring the civil war in 2011?

Don't think the UK has an embassy there now.
How many drowned on boats in the Med?

Not allowed to, so some come by boat. There is no other way.

Stand easy lads, the EU are taking care of this one.

Yes.

I'm sure you also noticed they (Ukraine) made up a significant part of the figures you quoted.

Is that the only war, or conflict zone in the world?
Seems to be one where the young men stay to fight and the women, children and elderly seek asylum. Maybe that attracts more sympathy than boat loads of 20 year old men leaving their families and legging it.

Sponsored Links
Back