Refurbishing Outside Garden - Need Advice/Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Currently refurbishing a bungalow with internals being 90% complete.
Recently knocked down the old conservatory that was attached to the rear due to being in an awful condition. Now left with a 4.5m x 2m concrete slab. Need to make this look more appealing as wanting to put the property on the market shortly, but don’t want to spend huge amounts of money transforming the space. First thought was to put a deck over the top, looking more closely I haven’t got the height between the slab and the door thresholds. Only way of installing a deck that I can see is to dig the slab out? What do you think I should do? What would you guys do if you were in my position.

P.S - I know the patio slabs need cutting away from the DPC. And I am changing the two doors to modern UPVC.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
A913F215-AE23-486F-BCA5-F5A2F50AA331.jpeg

73732A71-C89C-4F1C-AABF-22622A0258B0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I would power wash tidy up and leave it, new owner may well think, Gee! I could put a conservatory on that real easy!
Do not be tempted to put down shingle it is lethal like walking on ball bearings when a thin layer over concrete!

Yeah agree - you don't know who will buy it and their interest in gardening. I'd just weed it, feed the lawn to try and get it looking healthy and wash slabs and remove the weeds between the slabs. Couple of plant pots with some Autumn flowers if want for the estate agent photo's?

Sponsored Links
Two are three Hydrangeas in different colours in pots would look good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back