1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Refurbishing Outside Patio Area - Advice/ Thoughts Needed

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by TURTONAJ, 20 Aug 2020.

1. TURTONAJ

TURTONAJ

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello All,

Currently refurbishing a bungalow with internals being 90% complete.
    Recently knocked down the old conservatory that was attached to the rear due to being in an awful condition. Now left with a 4.5m x 2m concrete slab. Need to make this look more appealing as wanting to put the property on the market shortly, but don’t want to spend huge amounts of money transforming the space. First thought was to put a deck over the top, looking more closely I haven’t got the height between the slab and the door thresholds. Only way of installing a deck that I can see is to dig the slab out? What do you think I should do? What would you guys do if you were in my position.

P.S - I know the patio slabs need cutting away from the DPC. And I am changing the two doors to modern UPVC.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

cheers B02D932F-2857-480F-A3A1-B87E069072DF.jpeg
    D48BD474-35A2-4BF3-9664-A8654F7ED5B7.jpeg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. martin hill

martin hill

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local