RegalSafe RS50F Installation/Engineer's Manual required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sir,

I had a power cut and my burglar alarm went haywire.

It seems that the most likely problem was that I needed to replace the battery.

I bought a new battery and replaced the old battery and pressed reset but I still cannot either clear the fault lights or activate the alarm.

The alarm panel is a RegalSafe RS50F.

I have been advised that when this panel loses power from the battery it has to be reprogrammed but the only manual I was given by the Installer was a very thin user manual.

Unfortunately that company has now ceased trading.

It seems that what I need is either an Installation Manual or an Engineer's manual.

Can anyone help with some advice or point me in the direction of the elusive manual?

I fully appreciate that this is an old system and that modern ones remember the codes so this issue doesn't occur however this is the first problem I have had with this system so I am reluctant to replace it when presumably a new battery and a reprogramming will fix the issue.

Thanks very much

Barry

Sponsored Links
I don't think so, guess the 'friend' is not an alarm eng. who knows the RS50F, or for that matter an alarm eng. even panels of the age of the RS50 have non volatile memory

May have one , will get back to you
Some of the regal safe panels had an on board battery to save the programming but it's probably past its sell by date !

I've found I have a .pdf, need an email to send, how about putting one in your profile at 18.45 for 5mins, I'll send it?

or give a time, i'll be around on/off this evening

Sponsored Links
Europlex,

That's great.

I think I have added my e-mail address to my profile.

If I haven't done it correctly please let me know.

Thanks very much for your time and trouble.

Barry

Barry, sorry for the delay, family not well, had other things to do.

Europlex

Attachments

• RS50F Installation Manual.pdf
    597.5 KB · Views: 1,162
  • RS50F Installers Guide.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 716
Europlex,

I have received one Manual (thanks very much) but I have a query.

I have sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago because this query was specific to the e-mail you sent me but if you prefer I have no problem in putting it here.

Barry

Europlex,

Mission successful.

It was a bit of a struggle but I have now managed to get this reprogrammed successfully so thanks very much for your help.

I don't know exactly how the "Thanks" facility works.

On your last post I clicked on the "Thanks" but the number didn't rise from 232 to 233 as I expected.

I tried again and the same thing happened so maybe it updates overnight?

Anyway if I have messed this up and it is important to you please let me know what I should do.

Once again thanks to you and of course the forum!

Barry

233 it is now, thank you, no real need to do it, it's just nice if you do.

Did that make sense? What the h**l, thanks any way, you managed it (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back