Regulating Hot Water Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a new power shower and I'm concerned about the pump I've bought having an auto-cut-out if the hot water exceeds 65degrees...because I'm pretty sure my HW supply is hotter than that.

I have a pretty cruddy old CH/HW system with a conventional gas boiler (on the ground floor) and indirect HW cylinder (on the 2nd floor). I don't seem to be able to adjust my HW temp by lowering the control on the boiler (service engineer 'assures' me there is nowt wrong with it's thermostat) and there doesn't appear to be any thermostat controlling the flow from the boiler to the HW cylinder at the cylinder end of things.

It might be becoming apparent that I don't really know what I'm talking about so I'll cut to the chase. I cant afford to have all the modernisation work done that my system needs but would like to be able to control the HW temperature in my cylinder when it is being heated by the boiler/heat exchanger coil thingy rather than the immersion heater. So...

(A) Is this even possible?
(B) How do I go about it/What are my options?

Sponsored Links
cheers kevplumb...so do you get much plumbing work iin Afghanistan then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back