Regulations for domestic concealed (in frame) toilet cistern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently moved house, I've just managed to access the toilet cistern, which is built into a framework with top access. I don't like what I'm seeing, and wonder whether it actually complies with current, or even recent, building standards - I suspect the pan has been replaced but not the cistern, to save money, or simply for convenience. Trouble is, trying to find the appropriate "magic words" to locate the regulations via Google is driving me mad - I keep getting ones for disabled toilets, multiple-cubicle ones and so on, but nothing else. Could someone please tell me what I should be looking for, so I can see how far short of "safe" it falls? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Grohe do a version
What part on your toilet framework falls short of the standards ?
Wall mounted toilets are getting popular

The only regs surrounding toilets really are to do with the mains water and the valve that fills it, everything else is just 'does it leak, if it does then fix it'

The very thin and flimsy-looking plastic cistern looks as though it's seen far better decades, let alone days :(

Sponsored Links
Don't think you'll find a regulation that says how long a cistern must last or what it must be constructed of. Are you sure you're not just inventing a problem!

The very thin and flimsy-looking plastic cistern looks as though it's seen far better decades, let alone days :(
Yeah, most concealed cisterns are exactly that these days, flimsy looking plastic containers.

1694503674720.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back