Rehau edge- no reinfircement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a composite door fitted with rehau edge profile frame and side panels with a filler strip about 1mm wide.
When doir is closed there is movement in the frame around the lock area.
I driiled 2 holes ti fix it to the lentil above the door to try and steady it to discover it has no steel inserts.
I thought all composite doors had this?
Discovered no drainage holes in bottom if door either
The big worry is with the weight of these doors will the bare frame with no reinforcement support it long term?

Sponsored Links
The reinforcement could be a hard plastic equivalent if it's an A rated door, also having a heavy duty aluminum coupler may have worked but may well of negated the effectiveness of that plastic reinforcement

As Crank said above. They quite often use the door slab offcuts as reinforcing as it much more thermally efficient than steel.
As for drainage do you have cills? If so its most likely concealed drainage. Pour some water into the threshold to see where it goes

Sponsored Links
Can see from where the lock catches are that theres no reinforcement at all,but i guess it is sturdy enough.
Deffinately no hidden drainage im guessing that door has to be out to drill drainage holes from below before fitting it to the cill, think i will have to just live with it, not worth the hassle of getting the render off and doing it again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back