Rehau or Aluplast window profile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was hoping someone could help me with this.

The local window company that will be fitting my new windows have offered me a choice of Aluplast or Rehau 70mm casement profiles. There is no difference in price.

So which is the better profile? I have heard alot of good about Rehau, but cannot find anything on Aluplast. The window company are saying that Aluplast is superior- better insulated.

Would be grateful for some unbiased feedback from people in the industry.

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not in the DG trade specifically but you don’t seem to have had any takers. I’d never heard of them before either but a Google search shows them to be a German company;
http://www.aluplastindia.com/advantages.htm

Rehau I know very well & I’ve had them fitted in my own property for nearly 6 years now with no problems; good looks & quality, was the market leader at one time.
http://www.rehau.co.uk/building.sol...systems/window.systems/rehau-s706.70.mm.shtml

I am always suspicious of salesman talk; the company may be charging you the same but possibly getting a bigger discount from the supplier! With any make of window, a quality installation is the major factor to years of trouble free use & you should look at both profiles & a previous installation to asses for yourself before you commit to buy. I usually advise to go with smaller local companies rather than the large nationals, you will usually get a better price (usually for the same product) & they need to install well to protect their reputation as local recommendations are essential to them.

I am always suspicious of salesman talk; the company may be charging you the same but possibly getting a bigger discount from the supplier!

Which is why I would like some independant opinions on Aluplast, I have tried searching the net for reviews on Aluplast but have not found anything.

Any feedback on Aluplast would be gratefully appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back