reinstating a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time here and some pretty comprehensive advice to be had.

I am reinstating a toilet and basin in a victorian era house - the bathroom was originally downstairs and moved to the first floor leaving this room as a utility room. The old ceramic waste pipe is still present in the concrete floor but needs to be moved by about 20cms to accommodate the position of the WC.

My plan was to dig down around the pipe to the 90deg bend some 30 cms below the floor level and use suitable soil pipe fittings to relocate the waste hole. Anyone know what might be suitable for this?

The next problem appears to be that most WCs feature a horizontal waste outlet. Presumably there won't be a major problem with this will it? There must be enough older properties dependent on vertical waste WCs.

One last matter with the fitting of this downstairs loo is the handbasin waste. Where could I run the waste pipe? How would this have been done originally? There is a run-off drain for collecting water from the roof guttering downpipes but I suspect using this would be against building regs and I would rather be compliant.

Many thanks.

Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back