Relative merits - Pumped mixers vs "all in one"s

I

IainWatson

Installing an upstairs wetroom with power shower. Considering an all in one like the Mira Magna Digital/Aqualisa Quartz versus a shower head/valve combo from eg Grohe paired with a ST pump. Couple of questions I need advice with, if you have the time please....

1. ST bummf rates the Monsoon 2 bar pump at 9L/minute, the Mira and Aqualisa bummf rates their showers (with pump) at between 12 and 18 L/min. I have a 140L hot water cistern. Do the Mira/Aqua showers really use so much more water than an ST pumped shower? Roughly how long would the tank last till cold? I'd appreciate your thoughts on the water usage/shower times of these systems.

2. Only ever fitted electric showers before....It appears that the Mira/Aqua digital systems, with their accompanying pumps, are easier to fit than a ST pump and seperate thermostatic valve (Essex flange, 22mm tubing up/down along etc) In your experience, is this the case or are there any hidden gotchas? I have the impression (and I'm probably wrong !!) that the greater simplicity of a Mira Magna or Aqualisa Quartz is outweighed by the ST pump/Grohe combo being a much better "luxury feel" option and a much better shower overall, .....or is that pants??

3. Big question.....which is the quietest installation.....ST pump in loft, ST pump in airing cupboard, Mira/Aqualisa pump in loft etc etc.

4. Finally (I promise) ..... I've heard stuff about impeller pumps, centrefugal , regenerative pumps etc. What are the meanigful differences and which are the quietest?

Many thanks for your help,
Iain

Sponsored Links
they can all drone on but the digital are dam site quick and easyer to install.
i prefer the grohe digital over them all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back