Relay question

I have assurance from the manufacturer that if the unit is running at low or medium and this is overridden by running at high this won't be a problem, and it will drop back once the charge on the High speed drops off.

So. Tbh I don't fully understand some of the rest of the reply, but it looks like what you're saying is I can take all the yellow cables AND the high speed out from the switch and just run that out to the unit. Is that right?

Sponsored Links
I have assurance from the manufacturer that if the unit is running at low or medium and this is overridden by running at high this won't be a problem, and it will drop back once the charge on the High speed drops off.

So. Tbh I don't fully understand some of the rest of the reply, but it looks like what you're saying is I can take all the yellow cables AND the high speed out from the switch and just run that out to the unit. Is that right?
I take it you asked that question about adding additional high speed control when this combination is proposed:
upload_2021-2-23_21-35-3.png

If that is the case, I can see no reason that this should cause problems:
upload_2021-2-23_21-48-48.png

The black output wire is simply a 'duplicate' of the black input wire and could simply be not used and made safe, in a connector block for example.
However I'm not there to be able to do any inspecting or testing and therefore I'm not in a position to give a definitive yes or no answer.

If you understand this sketch, I'd be happy for you to attach it to an email to the HVR manufacturer for their advice.

A 2 pole relay could be added to disconnect any other control [shown in blue] but again I'm not able to say the humidity sensors can cope with the 'back feed'.

upload_2021-2-23_22-15-21.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back