Relaying Laminate Floor - how easy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have sommer click style laminate flooring in the house. It extends from the living room through to an extension on the back of the house. I suspect it was layed at the same time the extension was built. Anyway as the extension has settled slightly, it has caused the laminate flooring to move, leaving gaps between some of the panels. How easy would it be to take up and relay the flooring. Alternatively would I be better just filling the gaps?

Sponsored Links
well i actually moved house 3 times one year and each time i moved i took with me and relayed my laminate flooring!

the pack said can relay up to 9 times !

if the gaps are along the short ends of the planks this is real easy to remedy just get a floor bar and shift them up to close the gap

if the gap is along the long length its a bit more serious cos that mean the mechanism is damaged and they wont go back the way it should

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back