Reliable and good value condensing boiler please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any experts out there recommend the top condenser boiler manufacturers and typical prices? I have heard good things about Valliant?

Any others

House is 3 bed with a loft conversion, so 4 beds and 2 bathrooms.

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
You've no doubt heard that when you need to call them over a problem;

1. They take ages to answer
2. A recorded message tells you to hang up and ring your installer if the boiler is less than 6 months old
3. When you get answered they'll try to sell you a Homeserve warranty on your domestic appliances
4. They'll offer you a CO detector at £30, a special offer because their detectors are 'normally £40'. You have to buy it there and then because the technician needs to have it on his van

So, ignoring the boiler itself, ask yourself if this is the type of customer service you want.

None of my customers are being offered Vaillant from now on, they have overstepped the mark.

This question is asked 2-3 times a week!

Reading the posts already made will give you th views on those who install and repair boilers.

Stay clear of the "Which" type of reviews which are usually very flawed in their samples.

For a start their subscribers are "abc" people with plenty of money to buy what they like and breakdown insurance.

Tony

Sponsored Links
its the installer who makes the difference, and we tend to call it worcester Bodge...

I would expect that gas safe plumbers/boiler installers here would have no hesitation in suggesting a few decent quality boiler manufacturers. Must be a bit difficult for you to give friendly advice to the general public. Keep the knowledge between yourselves eh lads.........

I didn't ask about competence in installing the boiler, all I wanted to know is which boilers are the most efficient and reasonably priced. Must be a bit tricky for some of you to answer I guess. :evil:

Sure a few above wouldn't hesitate to say ideal , the isar & icos range rocked a few boats ;)

Though I'm not sure if they still produce them ,
Fookit bang in a Vaillant ( they look pretty )

Sure a few above wouldn't hesitate to say ideal , the isar & icos range rocked a few boats ;)

Though I'm not sure if they still produce them ,
Fookit bang in a Vaillant ( they look pretty )

Eh?!!

Who the **** are Ideal? Didn't they make the evel knieval stunt bike in the 80's?

So glad I found this friendly and helpful forum......

Well if that is all you wanted to know, then why don't you search for the same question that gets asked here every week...Why would the answer be any different for you than it would for anyone else?

It isn't a big secret we are just bored by your lame question..

All you were asked to do was use the search button to see what has already been said thousands of times.

Is it our fault you're lazy?

Jesus.

Do a little reading and post back with specific questions.

The search function is sh1t !!

All it does is bring up some article about condenser boiler water outlets freezing and everything else is about 5 years ago.

I would get more joy asking my plumber! I was hoping for some independant advice but that is beyond the scope of you guys.

Thanks for nothing ******* !

:)

You're right it's not difficult for a professional to give their advice, so here is mine. My first choice is Intergas.

Dan is also correct that it's not difficult to use the search function. He is usually very helpful but it could be that time of the month for him. ;)

James.

Bit harsh guys, the guy simply asked a question. Isn't that what the forum is for?

Not had your snickers today Dan?
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back