Relpacing Floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Forum,

I have decided after much deliberation to replace the floorboards in my 1920's house. Having inspected the boards after taking up the laminate flooring ovelayed, the boards are in poor condition and have been partially replaced leaving an uneven mix. Having sanded previous rooms to mixed results, I have priced the cost of replacing and the costs are favourable. My problem is that I have partially prepared the boards for sanding, i.e. punched the brads down and made good the surface, and all the skirting is off. I would welcome any suggestions as to how to remove the boards without total destuction as I aim to salvage some boards for reclaimation sales! How to I take these boards out easily and quickly, an impending birth is eight weeks away and i know that I need three weeks for new boards to aclimatise to the room before fitting.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back