Relpacing sink and taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am about to replace my kitchen sink and mixer tap for the first time. I have`nt done this before but have read a lot from this site and feel quite confident. Any tips or warnings before i start would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Fit a proper tap, not one of those quarter turn ceramic disc c**p.

If its an inset sink make sure the replacement is larger than the original.

Sponsored Links
have read a lot from this site and feel quite confident

That's how everyone feels before it all goes t1ts up, but good luck to you matey for having a go. One tiny bit of advice, don't start it on a Sunday and when you go into a plumbers merchants to get the bits start the dialogue with something like "Sorry to interrupt your cup of tea/fag etc".

Anyway I'm a bit ****ed (new prospective girlfiriend tonight) but the best of luck to you - it's really not that tricky, just give yourself a bit of time. :)

once you have the water off and the old stuff out of the way, fit zone valves (ball-o-valves) to the existing pipes, if not already fitted, before going on to fit the sink.
That way you should be able to get the water back on to the rest of the house and if there are probs, then you should only have to make do without water to the sink while you sort it.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back