Remedial Wall Ties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need fit remedial wall ties and isolate the old fish tail ties in my 1930's house.

Does anybody know a suitable remedial wall tie system that can be fitted through the mortar course because I don't want a spotty house where the bricks have been drilled and patched for normal remedial ties?

Sponsored Links
No, you will have to ensure it is done neatly and blended in with some dye and textured finish if required

Thanks for your reply Woody. Since I posted my question I found a wall tie on the net made by thor where it's like a tapcon screw. For secret fixing it is driven up from a vertical mortar course at an angle, through the brick above across the cavity and into the inner leaf brick/block. I wonder if anyone has any experience of these good or bad. Really don't want a spotty house. :(

I was under the impression that most helical replacement ties could be fitted either through the brick or through the mortar joint

Sponsored Links
I think the problem with putting a helical tie through mortar joints is that they don't get a good enough grip on the pull test. Any more ideas anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back