remeha 24 c boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had as remeha 24 c boiler fitted and now my power shower is always luke warm. I have adjusted the water temperature and it is very hot when running a tap. Is this a common problem ?

Sponsored Links
The cold water flow is probably over powering the hot feed, look at getting a pressure reducing valve fitted

The cold water flow is probably over powering the hot feed, look at getting a pressure reducing valve fitted

Thank you. Is this easy and cheap enough to have done or something rather more complicated?

The pressure reducing valve needs to be added to the cold feed to the shower, how easy it will be to do all depends on the accessibility to the pipe. The valve itself just has two compression couplings

Sponsored Links
The pressure reducing valve needs to be added to the cold feed to the shower, how easy it will be to do all depends on the accessibility to the pipe. The valve itself just has two compression couplings

that all sounds very technical, I will get a plumber in. Do you think this should have been picked up by the plumber who installed the boiler as our previous boiler never had this problem?

I presume your previous system wasn't a combi, or if it were was larger than the 24C. It's not a fault on the new installation assuming it's producing the full HW flow (personally I like to install 28kw as a min) and therefore the installer is not to blame, it might have been prudent of them to point out the potential for the problem

I presume your previous system wasn't a combi, or if it were was larger than the 24C. It's not a fault on the new installation assuming it's producing the full HW flow (personally I like to install 28kw as a min) and therefore the installer is not to blame, it might have been prudent of them to point out the potential for the problem

Ok thank you very much for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back