Remeha Avanta Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a Remeha Avanta Plus fitted a couple of years ago. I have not had to fill it up before, but we noticed that the pressure valve was reading empty yesterday. We turned the flipper switch on what I think is the filling loop (there weren't many other options of switches!), and there was a water running sound for a couple of secs Bt then it stopped, we left it on for twenty secs Bt the gauge didn't change and there was no water running noise. The heating seems to be running ok, radiators are all hot, hot water is fine. Am I filling it up wrong? Or could the pressure gauge be broken?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Helen

Sponsored Links
Don't understand what you mean by a 'flipper switch'!

Can you post a pic of the boiler and the pipes connected to it? One pic showing the general arrangement will do.

He means the filling loop.

Highly likely that the guage is shot, really common on these.

Lee is slightly biased when it comes to Remeha, I have never had a prob with the gauges, although Lee may have some spare ones if you talk to him nicely :LOL:

Get your installer back to show you how to fill the system & sort out a new gauge if needed

Sponsored Links
Not biased at all. They're crap.

View media item 57894
Ripped another two out on Friday for various faults.

Take note of the reading on the pressure gauge of the one in the photo, boiler and system completely drained and it's showing 1bar...think that proves my point about how poor the gauges are.

That one needed a new gauge, new clock, all the brass unions underneath were leaking and corroded, brass manifold left hand side of plate heat exchanger split, condense plastic hose split.

Boiler is 3 years old and had been serviced by another company on the dot every year.

Worked out that it needed £350 quids worth of parts!

wow, i can't say i have any of those issues with mine, although i will agree the condense hose postion could have been re-designed

The other one was in even worse condition.

I've now removed 8 of 16 from the same site.

My boiler is making like ‘woring’ noise I’ve change the combustion vessel and the seal on the burning and it’s still making this noise then going in to e5 fault I can turn the heating off and the noise stops and I can have hot water fine
=============================
Turn it off and call a Gas Safe Engineer.
You won't get gas related advice here.
Mod
==============================

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back