Remeha Avanta Plus 35c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been obtaining quotes for a replacement combi boiler and one company is offering a Remeha Avanta Plus 35c and it will come with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee, so with a lot of positive reviews for them is this too good to refuse ???
Paul

Sponsored Links
That does sound like a good deal, but see if they can do a similar deal on a 39c. The price isnt much more but you get a lot better hot water performance.

James

How good the quote is depends on the price !!!

Tony

Suggest you check with Broag that the five year guarantee is available from that particular installer.

I say this because when I spoke to Broag they were very evasive about it saying that I would have to obtain third party reports on the system water on completion of the job. In face they seemed reluctant to help a sole trader like my self.
So now I fit Viessmann ;)

Tim

Sponsored Links
i have never had an issue with broag and there five year warrnaty , and as of this year 2011 they have gone back to a full five year parts and labour , you only need to worry about a water sample if you dont flush system and inhibit !!!!

Don't bother with the 39c unless your cold water main flow rate is great enough to make it worthwhile the 35c is a powerfull beast!! ;)

Just buy a 35c and adapt the in built parameters to make it into a 39c....
35 & 39 are the same boiler, just have different settings..... max fan speed being one of them ;)

my god i cannot beleive you sad that a 25 is the same as a 39c , the 39c has a bigger heat exchanger than the 35c, and a larger burner tube. yes the gas valve and other components are the same .

my god i cannot beleive you sad that a 25 is the same as a 39c , the 39c has a bigger heat exchanger than the 35c, and a larger burner tube. yes the gas valve and other components are the same .

The slightly bigger burner & primary hx are to accomodate the increased output required for heating.

The 35 & 39c have the same plate heat exchanger (S62776), you can increase the fan speed by 10% on the 35, gives you the same DHW performance as a 39.

I dont want to post on here the full details of how its done.....

YES AND YOU CAN ADJUST THE 39C TO GIVE HIGHER PERFORMANCE ASWELL , WELL ITS ALL IN THE MANUAL .
AS A BROAG ENGINEER I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS TO JUSTIFY BUYING A 35C INSTEAD OF A 39C

YES AND YOU CAN ADJUST THE 39C TO GIVE HIGHER PERFORMANCE ASWELL , WELL ITS ALL IN THE MANUAL .
AS A BROAG ENGINEER I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS TO JUSTIFY BUYING A 35C INSTEAD OF A 39C

Why you shouting? I was simply pointing out it is possible to give the 35 the same DHW performance as a 39, perfectly safe to do so.
I was shown by one of the senior engineers at head office (Wokingham)

We have been agents for Broag for 6 yrs, Broag only have a handful of engineers I wasn`t aware of any living up North?

would get a intergas HRE36/30. if you can find an approved installer you can get 5 year warranty now and you don't have to worry about some tit taking 'water samples' to try and weasel out of the warranty ;)

the only part inside the boiler which is in the primary water is the pump. no dv, no plate heat exchanger and no auto air vent(does not get air locked)

unless the pump failed because of dirt then you have nothing to worry about in the boiler from dirty system water. still flush the system and through in some inhibitor though

All this begs the question: why are they issuing different GC numbers for what are essentially the same product?

I have an Apollo Fanfare 30/50S, GC 41-494-06. According to the MI's the output can be set to three levels: 8.8, 11.7 and 14.7kW (30k, 40k, 50kBTU)

Remeha originally made just the 18V which could be set by the installer to any output between 6 and 18kW.

They now sell the 12V and 15V, which are identical to the 18V, but pre-set to 12kW and 15kW output. However they have been given different GC numbers to the 18V and sell at different prices.

Is there anything, legally, to stop someone installing the cheapest version (12V) and then resetting it to give the output of the 18V? Or does the GC number have some legal significance.

Who issues GC numbers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back