Replacement boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently looking into changing my combi boiler.

Its been nothing but trouble since the day it was installed (around 7 years ago). Halstead high ace!!!
It continuously brakes down and im fed up of throwing money at it.

I have had some quotes from a local plumber i know and was just wondering if anyone could recommend any of the boilers he has suggested.

Baxi Duo-Tec 33Kw HE Boiler £1600 fitted
Alpha CD28X Combi boiler £1500 fitted
Remeha Avanta plus 35c combi boiler £1750 fitted

All feedback would be recommended.

Sponsored Links
Out of the 3 i would go with the Baxi Duo Tec, however if you want to spend a decent ammount i would go for a Vaillant, why not ask him how much 2 fit one, i would happily pay £300 more for a Vaillant see what price he gives

Out of intrest what is the fault your having with the "ACE" alsmost as ironic a name as "IDEAL" but not quite, its not the old red light lock out is it??????

This question has a thousand posts on the forum, have a read of a few hundred of them.
The short answer is: the quality of your installer is the crucial factor, not the make of the boiler. A good installer will not recommend a **** boiler.

the auto censor must be having a day off
listen2.gif

Sponsored Links
ha ha the ****ing bastard ****ing auto sensor is ****ed, what the **** van be do?????????????????

I think your going off topic.
Only slightly because my ok'd boiler was really ****!
Just about every component has broken down.

So would you recomened a valiant over the other three.

Remeha any day. As good as Vaillant, but without the high price and questionable service backup.

Nice quiet boilers, good hot water flow rates, compact, stainless steel heat ex, proven internal components.

From a company that has been doing condensing boilers for 20 years. Rarely get problems with the ones we fit.

Remeha any day. As good as Vaillant, but without the high price and questionable service backup.

Nice quiet boilers, good hot water flow rates, compact, stainless steel heat ex, proven internal components.

From a company that has been doing condensing boilers for 20 years. Rarely get problems with the ones we fit.
It's 30 years! See About Remeha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back