Remeha Avanta Plus Boiler - temperature settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a house where the boiler (and the installation manual) are more complicated that what I've been used to so wondered if anyone could help me out please?

I have a Remeha Avanta Plus Boiler but not sure if it's the 28c, 35c, 39c or 24s but I'm guessing it's not essential for what I'm trying to do.

My last boiler had a dial on it to change the temperature of the HW and the CH water. This one seem to have:
Flow temp
Return temp
Boiler temp
Outside temp
Ionisation current
Fan speed

Whilst I don't want to fiddle around too much I'd like to have an understanding of what all these settings do. Do you think there will be a way to change the temperature of the CH (as it's far too hot at the moment) and the HW (this is slightly too hot at the moment).

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
This one seem to have:
Flow temp
Return temp
Boiler temp
Outside temp
Ionisation current
Fan speed
Those are actual temperatures etc as measured by sensors within the boiler. (found by repeat pressing of the R key)

To change the required temperature you need to do as follows:

Changing P1 setting: flow temperature of water in central heating system

• Press ‘Enter’- key until codes [p] and [1] are displayed alternately.
• Press ‘Enter’- key again; current value for maximum flow temperature is displayed: 75°C (factory setting).
• Press [+] or [-] key to change this value.
• Press ‘Enter’- key to confirm value; codes [p] and [1] are displayed alternately.
• Press ‘Reset’- key to switch boiler to operating mode.

Changing P2 setting: domestic hot water temperature

• Press ‘Enter’- key until codes [p]and [1] are displayed alternately.
• Press ‘[+]- key until codes [p] and [2] are displayed alternately.
• Press ‘Enter’- key; set value for domestic hot water temperature is displayed: 55°C (= factory setting).
• Press [+] or [-]- key to change this value,
• Press ‘Enter’- key to confirm value; codes [p] and [2] are displayed alternately.
• Press ‘Reset’- key to switch boiler to operating mode.

Start with a setting of about 70C for P1. If the house is well insulated you may be able to reduce this; and vice versa.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back