REMOTE CONTROL INDICATOR LIGHTS - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a musician and play pipe organ. I have a problem and I wonder if anyone out there can help. During church services, I need to know when the minister is about to come into the church from the vertry, and/or when bride (or coffin!) is coming in from the front door. However, I cannot see any of this from the organ. What I need is a small signalling system. Lets say a push button at the front of the church and another in the vestry. When pressed, this would light up a small lamp (different colour for each area) on the organ console. Best of all would be 2/3 wireless bell pushes around the church which sent a signal to a relay at the organ which lights up to let me know what is happening. Now I know this is a very simply project but I wondered if anyone out there has come across a ready made product which could be used / modified. There used to be lamp signal units at schools, traffic light style - for ENTER, WAIT, or whatever - operated by buttons on the desk inside the room. Anyone know if these are still made and where they can be bought? Hope someone has some bright thoughts. Many thanks - Charlie (Chas McGillivray-Davidson - Edinburgh Scotland)

--------------

email address removed, please see rule 4.
moderator 9

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for this suggestion. I had looked at various doorbells with flashers, but this one sounds much better having different channels. Will investigate this one further. Also found a remote mains light switch which has two wall switches each with an LED. Problem with this one was the small size of the indicator. Thanks again Chas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back