Remote control lighting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a garage approx 25ft from the back of the house.

I would like to be able to turn a couple of external garage lights on and off from inside the house (and preferably from my car aswell as its a long unlit lane upto it)

Are there any products like a remote control relay idea you can recommend that could run say 500w that would come with a couple of key fobs that can be used to turn lights on and off at a distance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
jj

If I understand the OP, the lights etc are external to the garage.

Where would you put that plug in module? It would have to go inside the garage. Would it work from 25metres away with the garage door closed?

I think not.

Browse through this website.

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/

A lot of their products can be bought via Farnell and similar retailers.

If the drive is long and the key fob may sometimes be used inside a car then have a receiver at each end of the drive and hard wire them to a timer and relay controlling the lights.

jj

If I understand the OP, the lights etc are external to the garage.

Where would you put that plug in module? It would have to go inside the garage. Would it work from 25metres away with the garage door closed?

I think not.
Obviously he will have to connect the lights via a socket & yes I've used one that went through 2 foot thick stone wall from 25metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back