Remote control external lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per topic heading.
I have a customer that requires a remote controlled outside floodlight, that can be operated from inside their house. The floodlight is to be mounted on a detached garage, about 30m away from the main house.
There is electrics in the garage but no easy route to hardwire the light to main house.
I have emailed a few companies claiming their products can deal with remote control operations, but as yet when the situation above has been given, I have had no positive response.
Any idea dear forum members?

Sponsored Links
I used JSJSLW200 amd JSJSLW201 to achieve reliable remote control of a lamp about 20 metres away. Testing suggested it would have worked over a longer range.

Theye are available from several sources so it it worth looking around for the best price

I use a simple remote control device similar to this. Each relay channel switches socket outlets with the various transformers for my 16 LED garden lights plugged in. The whole lot is mounted on a board in my shed. It's been working perfectly for about 8 years, but it's only about 20 metres from the shed to the house though.

Sponsored Links
433.92MHz I think is a shared frequency, radio hams are prime users and can use 100W not milliwatt, so do look for ham radio aerials first. Also restrictions I think within a set distance from the houses of parliament. Since I don't normally use 70 cm and I doing use radios in London I am not quite sure of that part of band plan. If well made a radio hams transmission will not cause lamps to go on or off, but may stop it working from it's remote control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back