Remote controlled fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was at a friends house last night and they had this remote controlled gas fire, which I have subsequently learned (bit of googling) is not unusual, but I was amazed!! Press button - flame up. Press button - flame down. We'll be putting men on the moon next.

We have quite a nice LPG fire which we don't use, mainly because its in the kids den, but as they are getting older (and complaining about the cold more) we thought about screwing a guard around it and then using it via the remote.

Is it possible to retrofit such a thing to an existing fire? I presume any half competent LPG installer could do it. Is there anything I should ask for. It would need to ignite from the remote, as I don't want to keep unscrewing the guard.

Sponsored Links
not worth the hassle or cost of getting a RGI with a ticket for LPG and fires to mess about trying to adapt an old gas fire, if you want to update your fire buy a new one,

at least this way you will have a guarantee from the manufacturer and the RGI.

Remote controlled fires are purpose designed and not a retro fit add on

Fair comment. May not be much cost differential. The existing fire doesn't actually look very old, but I suspect it may be around 10 years or so.

Sponsored Links
Shedbang, I think you need to tick the box in settings to enable anyone (and therefore me) to send a PM.

Unless anyone else knows better?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back