Remote Controlled Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My electrician has just done the second fix after plastering my porch and realised that there's a switch in an adjoining room linked to the outside lights instead of the wiring in the porch. I did provide them with a diagram but it's been missed.

I don't want to have them digging out the new plaster to find the cable (if they can) before it's even painted so I wondered if there's an alternative remote controlled switch I could use - hoping the attached image illustrates this. I've searched the forums and there are remote dimmers and smart switches and so on but I just want a simple switch (sender) and a relay (receiver) unit, i.e. without the Alexa Smart Home complexity - can anyone suggest a suitable one? Perhaps like the attached?

Attachments

• RemoteSwitch.jpg
    RemoteSwitch.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 20
  • RemoteSwitchExample.jpg
    RemoteSwitchExample.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes sorry the system uses kinetic energy to produce the power to transmit to the other switch. I wanted to be able you use phone, so used a smart switch and push button, likely a little more expensive, there are also relays.

My problem was finding a remote control which was in keeping. Which is where the Quinetic switch wins. The button on a steel face plate 1708012847443.png does not look too bad, but the this 1708012954562.png looks more like what people expect a switch to look like. See here for more info as to what it will do quite impressive.

The button can also be turned, and with the right smart bulb can also work as a dimmer by turning the button, so depends what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back