remote keypad for ZX6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm system is an Advantage ZX6 with a PL084 remote keypad. The remote keypad has cracked around the mounting screws and is generally in need of replacing, so is there a remote keypad that is compatible with the ZX6?

I know the system is quite old, and I am sure there are now better and more modern alarms, but I do not wish to replace the whole system as it works fine... it just needs a new remote keypad.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
not a chance, you may find one on ebay in the future, your best bet would be a veritas 8 compact and an extra keypad around the same size of your zx6.

Thanks Sparkymark.

Looking at the installation manual for the remote keypad, it connects to the keyswitch terminal on the ZX6 panel.

The manual for the ZX6 panel makes no mention of how to use the keyswitch terminal... is it just connected to a latching single pole switch that shorts it to either +Volt or -Volt? Or is it momentary?

If so, could a remote keypad that provides a relay contact closure be used?

Sponsored Links
in that case something like a visonic cl8 keypad or any access control keypad with a relay . hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back