Remote lock/unlock no longer working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The battery in my key was running flat so I I replaced it today but the lock and unlock buttons now only work from inside the car, even standing right next to the car nothing happens.

The car is a 56 Seat Leon. I've gone through trying to resynchronise the key with the car but that makes no difference, I don't this its out of sync as the buttons work inside the car. The light on the key comes on whenever a button is pressed so the battery seems good, I've swapped back to the failing battery and its still the same.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The only things to check really are that a high quality battery is used not an ebay special and the metal contacts inside the key are clean and making contact with the battery properly.
If all else fails try disconnecting the car battery for 30 mins, reconnecting and trying the re sync procedure again. Just make sure you have the radio code before you do it.

Replacing the battery won't put it out of sync. Are you sure the new battery is a good one?

Its brand new and the little light on the key comes on when the buttons are pressed, I'll try another new one tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
how long did it take to change the battery?
you may find you took to long,so now it has to be reprogrammed to the car again,look in your manuel for the instructions.

No delay in changing the battery, it was all very quick. I've tried the resynchronise instructions from the manual along with several different versions I've found online.

The length of time it takes to change the battery will have no effect on the programming.
Also, you don't programme the key to the car. The car is programmed to the key.

Tried another new battery and no change, I'll order a new fob online I guess.

Do you have any way to test your new batteries, are they a good brand?

The power required to light the key light is minute and no indication of battery quality.

Sponsored Links
Back