Remote Thermostat/Controller for Juniour 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Whilst scanning the Worcester-Bosch site looking for spare parts for my boiler, notice that one of the accessories for the Junior 28i RSF was a wireless thermostat/ controller.

Does anybody have any experience of these if so are they easy to retro-fit to an existing system.
Where would be the best place to site the remote stat?
What sort of range does the wireless cover..?

(House is a standrad 3 bed semi....stairs directly adjacent to from door)

Sponsored Links
Range is around 30 meters. Installation is easy, understanding how to use it from the instructions isnt.

Im assuming you dont have a room stat at present?
I suggest theyre place in the lounge others say hallway...

Can be placed in lounge or hallway. Hallway is traditional site. Whatever room you choose then this room should not have a trv on the rads ;)

Looks like the hallway will probably be best then as there's no TRV on the rad. Couple of more questions before I buy one, if I may.... :)

Does the controller on the boiler get replaced and if so where do you program the on/off periods. :?:

Will fitting increase the efficiency of the heating system as a whole. :?:
( every penny counts with current fuel costs.....) ;)

Sponsored Links
I don't know much about worcesters but you should be able to disconnect existing one. Check whether an independent make eg siemens rev 23rf would be ok as this is an optimising programmable room stat and will help with efficiebcy.

Check M I's for fitting external controls ;)

Worcester one fits straight into where the existing one comes out of but at well over a hundred quid is it going to save you that much over your existing stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back