Help! Heating System Problem,poss thermostat??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi People
I hope someone can help me sleep! Pull up a chair
Basically my 2 year old son wakes up each night at around 4 in the morn,as you can imagine this is driving us bonkers! He doesn't do this when he sleeps around the grandparents houses and I think its the heating system or at least the thermostat). We live in a normal 3 bed semi and the boiler is Worcester 28i Junior that is located in the Garage.The Rads are in each room and have thermostatic valves.I have a siemens RWB27 Programmer(this was the original control,found that the thermostatic valves didn't give enough control)so I wired in a siemens RDJ10 thermostat in series with this and these are located at the bottom of the stairs and hard wired back to the boiler(there is a rad quite near). Anyway im babbling on.
What I think is happening is that if we set it to 20c,it will go down to 18.5ish then kick in and drive the temp up to 22.5ish, and with there it being 1c cooler in his room this is making it cool then hot and waking him,basically we need more control.
I was thinking of using a wireless stat in place of the RDJ10 and locating it in his room?? I have the rdj10 mounted on a single gang box at the moment.
Does any of this sound logical?

If so any recomendations on a wireless stat?

Thanks for listening!
:D

Sponsored Links
can you not try turning his trv down a bit

yep tried that, but because the temp in his room (and generally all the bedrooms) cools quicker than the hall downstairs (location of the thermostat)he ends up cold until downstairs cools.
I think a RF thermastat is the answer,so I can put it top of stairs or his room.
it seems that the siemens RDJ10 isnt very sensitive,and gives it a big burst instead of alot of little bursts maintaining a contant.
Sorry my terminology is off the mark but hope you get my drift!?
During my search people were mentioning the siemens rev23rf?? whats your opinions on this and/or any other models

Thanks in advance

Dave

The RDJ10 has a temperature differential of 1°C, so you should not be getting a swing of 18.5°C to 22.5C.

What time is the boiler set to come on in the morning and why?

What is the overnight/energy-saving/frost temperature set to?

Sponsored Links
With good insulation you shouldn't need the heating on over night should you? Maybe he's waking up because it's too hot.

I bet the old folk like his Grandparents don't have the heating on overnight. I have two teenage sons and except for harsh snowy conditions have never had the heating on overnight.

Just think of all the £££ you can save. Bedrooms can fall to 14° comfortably if you have a warm cosy bed to lie in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back