Replacing a room thermostat

Sponsored Links
Looks like the new stat may be duff

Can you put the red and yellow in separate connectors, then post what it does with and without a link between them.

Ok leave the link in, does it turn off with the programmer.

Sponsored Links
By 'set up' do you mean programming the room stat? If so I'm pretty sure that's right, programming is my thing.

Oh well, 30 mile round trip to the nearest Screwfix with this in stock, nowhere else local has one. Just hope the next one works!

You can test the stat for continuity across LX to L1

At least you have heating, to keep the family happy.

You could always buy something local, it doesn't have to be the same make.

The stat itself has continuity, so I'm confused as to what could be wrong. As it happens my husband is out christmas shopping somewhere he can pick up a replacement quite easily.

The stat itself has continuity, so I'm confused as to what could be wrong. As it happens my husband is out christmas shopping somewhere he can pick up a replacement quite easily.

It shouldn't have when it's programmed off or the stat is satisfied.

Ah, it has, so there's a problem.

When I get the new one do you think I should just wire it in like I did this one (after I've tested for the same fault that is)?

If you get the same yes, otherwise run it by us first.

Make double sure the existing stat isn't calling for heat.

It's not, the heat is still on when the stat is switched off. Definitely going to be the same one, not going to start confusing things now!

Thanks for all your help so far, I owe you a beer. Probably more than one!

Here, have a virtual pint of the local brew:
black-adder.jpg

Great! Installed and working as it should be. All that b*ing about for a bad stat. Oh well, I know the CH/HW system fairly intimately now, and from now on I'm leaving it well alone - give me a broken computer to fix any day!

Thanks again, have a great Christmas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back