Siemens RDJ10 GB help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guy's
new on the forum. I am thinking of buying Siemens RDJ10 GB thermostats.
We have in each room an electric infra red radiator (of sorts) wall mounted max current 3kw. At present controlled by mechanical wall thermostats which are not accurate or reliable. There are only two wires coming out of the wall (live) one is the live "feed" and the other is the "switched" or other half of the live that goes to the heater. So the stat just makes contact between these two wires and the heater comes on. (hope I have made that clear). So I will need a stat that does not require external power (ie must be battery operated) and is capable of switching a single wire on/off determined by a). the time b). the room temperature. The "fall back" option is not needed but sounds like a good idea. If I can find the right model I will need eight of them (one for each room/hall) they are all independent and hopefully at some future stage I will replace the infra red with night storage using the same stats.
Long post for the first one eh?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice received.

Sponsored Links
The RDJ10 is not suitable for an electric radiator.

A 3kW radiator draws 12 Amp from the circuit and a RDJ10 can only carry 5A.

Visit your local electrical wholesaler and ask them to recommend a thermostat.

Thanks for your reply, it is very helpful and has saved me buying the wrong thing. As I live in France visiting the local wholesaler is not viable. They exist but the "help" is very variable. So, that is why they used mechanical stats in the first place. I need to find a wall mounted 12a time thermostat...sounds expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back