Removable Fence post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I want to put a removable fence post at the side of my house. It needs to be 4"x4" post with minimal movement (it will also support the latch side of a gate). It also needs to stand up to the wind like a fence post sunk directly into the concrete would. When the post is removed, I want the fixing to be flush with the ground, or as close as possible. So that precludes most concrete-in post supports.

I'm picturing a metal sleeve sunk into the concrete, with another metal insert that slides in, to which the fence post is bolted. I doubt I'm the first person to ever need something like this, but I can't find anything online which fits the bill.

Can anybody advise?

Sponsored Links
This https://www.fencepostspikes.net/hea...dXEC8MqBfj6xjchJm6oRY6-AkOksaAs_AEALw_wcB#100 bolted to a concrete base?

Or set a met post lower down so it sits flush with ground level and surrounded with a bit of gravel.

Thanks yes, I was coming to the conclusion I'd have to use a bolt-down post support and unbolt it as and when. Not the end of the world, just a bit of an eyesore! To set a met post below ground level would mean the post is more or less always sitting in water.

Sponsored Links

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back