Removable Wooden Baton Balustrade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’m planning to get a curved wooden, floor to ceiling, vertical pole partition to act as a balustrade around an existing spiral staircase made or DIY if I’m brave enough.
Question is does anyone know the best method of fixing this so it’s stable to hold as you use the stairs but also I can remove the partition or the poles when I need to get furniture items upstairs? It will sit on top of an existing wood floor.
I’m thinking a bottom or top fixing that you can ‘unclip’ the poles or to remove the partition as a whole easily?
Similar to picture but much smaller (approx 1.4m curve) and removable.
TIA!
IMG_3101.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Two circular rings to the dimension you want. Slim floor one and a thicker ceiling one. Cut perfectly matching recesses in both rings but, in the top ring, make the recess twice as deep as the lower ring recesses plus an extra 5mm.
To insert the rods, push into the top recess and drop down into the lower recess.
You would need to make sure the recesses at top and bottom are perfectly aligned so the rods stand truly vertical.

Amazing, of course that will work perfectly! Thank you so much!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back