Removal and refit of gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for the removal and refitting of a replacement gas hob, assuming I do all the donkey work (cut out worktop, etc). The new hob will be fitted in a slightly different spot about 18" along the supply pipe, if that makes sense !!! (needing shortening as opposed to lengthening of the pipework !) Thanks.

Sponsored Links
depends if two visits will be required, one to disconnect to allow units and worktops to be removed then second after you have fitted all the new stuff, can be done in one visit depending on time you take to fit and cut worktop but gas engineer will want paid if he is waiting around for an extra hour or two while you do it,

With 2 visits I would usually charge £80-£100 + VAT, if it was local to me, and the hole was pre-cut for the new hob to drop into.

Basically all I would want to do is disconnect then re-connect the gas to the hob.

With 2 visits I would usually charge £80-£100 + VAT, if it was local to me, and the hole was pre-cut for the new hob to drop into.

Basically all I would want to do is disconnect then re-connect the gas to the hob.

Wow, not a bad rate if you can get it !!! Thanks guys. I now realise I am in the wrong job ;)

Sponsored Links
I charge £35 to disconnect and cap off if to be followed by a reconnect.

Then £65 to reconnect to the new hob.

Ensure the new hob is complient with the latest leglisation for the type and proposed useage of the property. Not very many are!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back