removal of load bearing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am about to remove two load bearing walls in my house both upstairs and down.the upstairs will be done first. the length is 3.5 meters. i am putting 4 acros on one side which i have checked will support all roof joists but the other side of the wall is a staircase should i acrow this side as well or will one side be enough. thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
no need to use strongboys as there is no brick above the top wall just roof joists or am i misunderstanding

hi i am about to remove two load bearing walls in my house both upstairs and down.the upstairs will be done first. the length is 3.5 meters. i am putting 4 acros on one side which i have checked will support all roof joists but the other side of the wall is a staircase should i acrow this side as well or will one side be enough. thanks in advance for your help

To remove the upstairs wall section: Are the 4 acros going to be sat on your first floor joists(!), or run through to the floor on ground level?

What is the 'other side' - is it another room of the house with a ceiling/roof?

I'm struggling to picture it! Sorry

P

Sponsored Links

You say your removing the wall(s), care to say what your putting in in it's place?
Four acrows will be fine but you need to spread the load bearing, 13' scaffolding battens top and bottom are the norm in the trade...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back