New Forum Help Removal of 'Quote' feature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see that the previous 'Quote' button has disappeared, leaving just what used to be the (somewhat confusing) one called '+MultiQuote', now just called 'Quote'. Clickiung on 'Reply' quotes the whole of the message being replied to.

This may have reduced the potential confusion which existed, but is it not going to result in a lot more (perhaps often unnecessary) quoting, since many might not bother to delete the quoted material when it's not really needed? If there was a 'Reply' button (no quoting) and a 'Reply+Quote' one (much like the old forums), that risk would presumably be minimised.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I see that the previous 'Quote' button has disappeared, leaving just what used to be the (somewhat confusing) one called '+MultiQuote', now just called 'Quote'. Clickiung on 'Reply' quotes the whole of the message being replied to.
I hadn't tried clicking "Reply" - it seemed so intuitively pointless when there is no need to do anything to create a reply box - it's already there. I'd been fiddling with the new (most unsatisfactory, IMO) quote feature, wondering if I'd inadvertently changed a setting to make it behave unsatisfactorily.

The Quote button is now described as "Toggle Multi-Quote", but that is not a good description. Whether it does toggle a setting I don't know, but it does actually do something - it adds or removes the message from multi-quote.

They will be returning to Multiquote / quote shortly, it has just been temporarily reset by an update

Sponsored Links
Back to not doing nested quotes any more, even when that's what shows in a multi-quote preview...

I believe this is now fixed.

Sponsored Links
Back