Removal of toilet seat - concealed fitting, no buttons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help with ideas on how to remove this toilet seat - photos attached (I just moved into this house, and there are no brand markings on it).
There are no buttons to release the top; I've removed little caps from the inside, which reveals a small bolt (difficult to actually access) which seems to be the hinge of the seat. I was expecting a little hole for an allen key but there's nothing. It is a back to wall pan so I can't access underneath either. From photo 3 (I've pushed the seat as far over to one side as possible), I can see it sits on a kind of plastic fitting but this doesn't seem to move/release either.
Any ideas are really welcome!
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9539.jpg
    IMG_9539.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_9540.jpg
    IMG_9540.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_9541.jpg
    IMG_9541.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 200
Sponsored Links
Is that a release 'button' on the right side of the bottom plate of the last picture? What about removing those 4 blanking caps and seeing if there are screws under them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back