Remove Coal Fire, then plaster up into a open square box....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to remove my coal fire which is in the way of my new plans for my livingroom(just bought house).

I am looking to remove coal fire and plaster up, so that then i can install 2shelves in the place of the whole, so that then i can run cables down chimney etc, for my sky Hd box and also for aerial for tv, that will be placed onto the wall.

Does any1 know, if its just worth ripping out coal fire, run the cables down, but then just plaster whole wall and buy a unit with shelves for sky box and home cinema, where the cables should be hidden?

any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi,
if you are removing your fireplace and sealing it up remember to put a vented cap on your chimney pot.
also fit a vent where you remove and seal up fire opening to maintain airflow in your obsolete chimney breast.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back