remove dimmer (two way) with intermediate switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to remove a dimmer switch. It's in a two way situation, which I believe is unusual. I have read the thread posted by bizylizzie from years ago, I've done the same thing, ie bought an intermediate switch by mistake, but it seems from the other thread I can still use it. The back of the dimmer has a black box with terminals at the top only. These are marked like this: L1 L2 C
There is one wire in L1, two in L2, and one in C.
The new switch is like this:
L1 L1

L2 L2

What goes where please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
whatever is in C goes in one of the L1's

whatever is in L1 goes in one of the L2's

whatever is in L2 goes in the other L2..

Thanks very much for the advice. Works fine now. As i'm new to this site I couldn't work out how to check for an answer so didn't realise until much later when I checked my email that you had replied. When I checked the times and realised that your reply was sent so quickly, I must admit to being mighty impressed - it's like having the expert there with you! Tried to click on the thanks button, but just sent round and round in a loop of general error - you need to be logged in to thank someone - log in and try again -same result so not sure what's wrong there. Anyway ta very much ColJack!

Sponsored Links
very good BAS.. but noting in there specific to using an intermediate as a 2 way light switch.. which is what the OP asked..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back