Remove floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have stone effect white riven tiles on top of a timber floor in the kitchen which extend wall to wall under the kitchen units and we want to remove them.
We are feed up of trying to keep these tiles clean which is hard work and time consuming. has anyone had experience of having to do this, the tiles are well stuck down. We thought about laying new floor ontop of old tiles but this would cause the adjoining hall way floor to be at a lower level which we do not want. :confused:

Sponsored Links
or an sds drill with a wide chisel bit

Thanks for replies, looks like i might look at over laying the tiles with vinyl due to the amount of work and cost to remove the old tiles.

:)

Sponsored Links
If laying vinyl over the top be careful, you may want to use a self levelling compound first as over time the pattern of the tiles may come back through the vinyl.

Does that depend on thickness of vinyl, would it still come through the thick stuff

Not sure really, but i have seen it happen, hence my post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back