Remove grill from Mason radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone here know how to get this grill out of this Myson rad? I want to clean and paint it, and can not for the life of me find a way to get it out.
Ive watched a heap of vids and search here but nothing seems specific to this design.
Ive got the clips off and tried to raise the side panels up, or out, but they are not budging on either side.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9792.jpeg
    IMG_9792.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
A teeny whack with a hammer on a bit of wood on the edge of the covering (not rad) may help. Can't see from pic but the bottom tail may have a plastic insert in panel which can either be rotated so the cutout's in the correct place to allow the panel to lift or it may be gently leverable out with a screwdriver.

Take a pic of the bottom of the side panel where the valve is, some use a plastic clip that needs to be turned 180deg to release it and allow the side panel to be slid up and off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses.
I ended up removing the whole thing (need to paint behind anyway).
Still couldn’t budge it, so resorted to the hammer and piece of wood. The first split the pine I was using! Was stubborn but finally got it to shift.
Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back