Remove integrated fridge freezer cabinet base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Replaced the integrated fridge freezer. I assumed everything was standard sizes, and just slotted it in. However, the appliance sits a bit high, and have to open both the fridge and freezer cabinet doors to get access to freezer!

There is an extra base which if removed would make everything fit properly. However, I don't have easy access to the sides of the cabinet. Would mean having to take apart lots of the neighbouring cabinets.

Is there an easy way to get that extra base out? (See attached pics)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20200521-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20200521-WA0001.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_20200521_110350.jpg
    IMG_20200521_110350.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 454
Sponsored Links
Ok, I have a jig saw, but think I need to invest in something more brute force. I'm assuming there are metal dowels to cut through, do I need to get an particular saw type?

I think you will struggle to get a nice clean cut with a jig saw as yes there could well be metal fixings of some sort, but I suppose you might be able to remove the side pieces with a chisel or similar once you have the central section removed.

Sponsored Links
I would need to get the saw blade as close as possible to the cabinet side walls - are reciprocating saw blades able to flex enough for that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back