Remove paint from shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

Please can any one help- what is the best way to remove paint from my timber shed. It's been painted with Cuprinol ducks back which is just like coloured water so can't be sanded off, I've been told jet washing may work but won't this rip in to the wood? Is there any chemical type solutions I could use to return to original colour?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
A jet wash will get the majority if not all off without eating the wood, just go gentle (close) enough to get the paint off but be careful not to go too close. Just try in an inconspicuous location first if you are nervous. Then as mentioned maybe an extra coat or two of the new will ensure a good finish, assuming you are looking to repaint.

Sponsored Links
May I politely suggest that the OP read the pinned post at the top of the "My Projects" forum, and post this query instead in the "Decorating" forum, or "In the Garden". More likely to get responses there.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back