Remove PIR sensor to decorate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an i-on16 burglar alarm with scantronic xcel pir detectors (which I think are wireless, but could be wired). I want to re-paint one of our rooms and for a neater finish would like to remove (or at least loosen from the wall) the pir sensor to paint around.

I suspect this is likely to set off the tamper alarm? If that is indeed the case, how do I go about resetting the alarm afterwards? Or is an engineer visit required?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Sponsored Links
If you dont have the engineers code, you cant place the panel into engineering.

if the engineer has the system for a tamper engineers reset then it would require an engineers visit to reset.

Understood thanks. Would i place it into engineers mode before removing? Or do i need that code to reset the tamper?
I will see if the installer will disclose if they changed the default installer code or not.

before to avoid getting the tamper in the first instance.

afterwards if the tamper has been generated and its not user resettable.

Sponsored Links
Yes, masking tape does the job perfectly well. It's just too much trouble to move the PIR's.

Got it - thanks. I had (wrongly it seems) convinced myself that taping them up could also set the tamper off

or cling film.

leaves no adhesive behind.

tamper would only set off if the tamper has been compromised.

Some pirs may go into mask or fault if the lens is covered.

Food bags/ cling film can be used to keep the sensor working, and taped to the sides so not accidently pulled off, and stops the adhesive issue, but that really does depend on the tape used and how long its left.

seen so many PIR's with paint on the lens and sealed in the way due to layers of paint or wall paper being applied.

some so bad with paint that they wont walk test be just walking past the sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back