remove swan neck top of soil pipe

nov

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

can anyone give me some advice for removing the swan neck right at the top of cast iron soil pipe . it goes in to a union its filled with lead am sure and ive been drilling it around the bit pipe to try and get it loose got quite alot of the lead out but pipe is still not moving ?

going to replace it with 4inch plastic swan neck in to the cast

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
4lb-Club-Hammer_large.jpg

a dont want to damage the rest of the pipe lol

if a carry on doing what am doing drilling out the lead will it come out do you think ? can post a pic up if you like

Get all the lead out and you might get the gaskin under it to loosen - but you might not :cry:

Sponsored Links
Nip down to HSS tool hire and hire a "cast iron" chain pipe cutter. works on a ratchet system , wrap around the pipe tighten and turn around pipe , pipe cracks in straight line all way round and takes less than a minute. cost about £30 for the day.

ok thanks guys will give it another shot tomorrow

nov :)

a year later sorry i got it out anyway took me about 2 hours that day and a few drill bits got it out :)

I've not slept this past year worrying about you and your pipe. I feel much better now. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back