Remove tails from new tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have a new basin tap (Ideal Standard Moments A5565AA) and whenever I have fitted basin taps before, rather than using the copper tails provided, I've used some flexible tails.

This tap came with the solid tails already fitted, and when I try to unscrew them, they just revolve and don't seem to unscrew.

I'm wondering if these tails are actually removable? If not, is it normal for them to just spin when turned - my concern was with them leaking?

The fitting instructions are attached to the post.

Thanks!

Ideal-Standard-Moments-Basin-Mixer-A5565AA-_57.jpg

Attachments

• a5565_instr.pdf
    691.1 KB · Views: 225
Sponsored Links
is there not ,on the end of the tube, a hexagonal shape ( looks like a nut ) that you use to unscrew them from the base of the tap ?

Look down into the tap, when you turn then do the nuts that enter the body of the tap twist too? Chances are they have captive end nuts on them that are designed to swivel.

Terry, nothing like that on these.

Madrab, no nuts visible when you look,the pipes disappear into the body.

I called the tech line for plumber/installers, and got confirmation that they're not removable.

I cut the pipes down a little and got a couple of 15mm to 10mm reducers and attached braided flexi pipes. All installed and working good. Much better than the expensive Bristan Chill tap that liked to splash water all over the bathroom when washing hands :cry:

is there not ,on the end of the tube, a hexagonal shape ( looks like a nut ) that you use to unscrew them from the base of the tap ?

Look down into the tap, when you turn then do the nuts that enter the body of the tap twist too? Chances are they have captive end nuts on them that are designed to swivel.

Sponsored Links
that's the first time I have come across such a design. Glad your sorted and thanks for letting us know. regards terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back