Removed a sink and want to keep using the waste inlets for dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have something like this and currently there is no sink connected so the top part is open. Until I fit the new sink I want to be able to continue to use the dishwasher but I imagine there is potential of some waste coming out through the top. The diameter of the thread inside the connector (the spinning part) is roughly 45mm and I can't find anything which would screw into this and seal off the gap. Is there any product which will do this job?

1707936828744.png

Sponsored Links
One of these in the top of the trap with a cutting of waste pipe, do not use a blanking plug there as previously suggested.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 103646.jpg

Sponsored Links
I was wrong. If you still intend to use the dishwasher, then as JimCrow suggests. Otherwise there is no air flow into the drain and the dishwasher won't empty properly. A bit of waste pipe in the top vertically to the level of the old sink waste would be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back